CNC Machinist (Lathe)
Compensation: $85,090.00 - $121,850.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Austin Machine is a fast growing and well-established aerospace job shop conveniently located in the O'Fallon area right off of Highway 70. Austin Machine provides a clean and air-conditioned environment for its employees and is looking to add CNC Lathe Machinists to our team. We are looking for employees for both day and night shifts.
Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-3:30pm
Pay Rate: $15-$30 DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and run Haas CNC Lathes.
- Review print and work order, shop traveler, and setup sheet.
- Modify program speeds and feeds and G code as needed to manufacture part to print.
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications. Notify supervisor or lead man of nonconforming product.
- Complete work order documentation and floor inspection report.
- Proof program and edit as necessary.
- Optimize tooling and programs to increase production.
- Ensure timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Complete all necessary paperwork related to job.
- Accurately use measurements tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gage, bore gage, threat gage, and attribute style gages.
- Proficient in set up and operation a CNC Lathe, with at least 5 years experience.
- Thorough understanding of lathe tools and inserts.
- Ability to troubleshoot, adjust, and overcome operational challenges such as bad finishes, taper, out of roundness, bad threads or other features out of tolerance on the part.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders, blueprints, and/or verbal work instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to read G & M codes
- Ability to make correct offsets
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, edit computerized machine control media or the use of conventional machining techniques (i.e.: digital readout and use of dials).
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
The following are not Required but are Preferred:
- Ability to write own programs at the machines.
- Familiar with cutting aluminum, stainless, and titanium.
- Setting up and running small quantity runs in a job shop environment.
- Ability to determine a working feed and speed for given material.
- Ability to set up and run Manual lathes and hand chucker s.
- All full time employees are eligible for health, dental, life and vision insurance after 60 days of hire.
- Vacation benefits include paid vacation, and 6-8 paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan is a 3% safe harbor plan - no matching, everyone gets 3% with additional profit sharing possible each year.
About Austin Machine:
Austin Machine is an aerospace machine shop that builds machined parts for military aircraft with our main customer being The Boeing Company. We focus on short lead times, small quantities with quick turnarounds, hinges, very large parts, complex 5 axis parts and the use of 90 degree heads in the 5 axis machining. We currently have 60 employees but continue to grow throughout the years. We are conveniently located in O'Fallon, MO off Highway 70, Exit #216 Bryan Road.
Please submit a resume, we are not conducting walk-in interviews at this time.
Associated topics: automated machinery, cnc, cnc machine, composite laminator, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, computerized numerical control, machine operator, precision machining, smt machine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...