Gearbox3D in Grand Rapids, MI
- Industry: Engineering - Industrial Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $88,330.00 - 125,200.00 / Year*
Here at Gearbox3D, we want to educate the industry about how to properly utilize materials as well as provide a state-of-the-art machine to turn those materials into anything from prototype-level to production-level parts. In order to do this, we are building a specialized 3D printer that utilizes our high-grade plastic formulas to give the market an upgraded solution for their advanced prototyping needs. We re looking for a manufacturing specialist to help bring this product to life.
Gearbox3D needs an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. We re looking for a precision-oriented professional with highly developed leadership qualities and the ability to work efficiently and within budget. The successful candidate s primary function and role will deal with the manufacturing and production of new products. He or she will serve as liaison between external production partners and the engineering department. We re looking for someone who enjoys contributing to an innovative, forward-thinking team and who can always keep the end user in mind.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or manufacturing-related field required
- 3+ years design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Great understanding of manufacturing processes and associated limitations of each
- Experience communication with manufacturing and production companies about capabilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Proficient reading and modifying 2D drawings
- (PREFERRED) GD&T certification
- (PREFERRED) Experience with CAD programs
- (PREFERRED) Experience with 3D printing in a professional environment
Travel Requirements: 35% Manufacturing plant and machine shop visits within the Michigan area. Trade show and customer installation assistance may be required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Relocation: Not offered
Job Type: Full-time
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!