CNC Machinists - Team Lead
Silfex in Springfield, OH
- Industry: Manufacturing - CNC Fabricating/Machining
- Type: Full Time
Team Lead - Machinists - Night Shift - Multiple Openings
An essential function of this position is the ability to work a 6pm - 6am shift. The machinists here at Silfex are responsible for safely setting up and operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machines to produce the highest quality parts and meet the customer expectations, in the most efficient manner. In this role of Team Lead you will be responsible for the daily production of the value stream team by ensuring the quality of product, customer delivery and machine utilization are being met.
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machine tools to accurately machine parts per work instructions and per manufacturing plan. Make work and tool offsets as needed. Test safety features of machine during set up. Will be required to operate multiple production machines.
- Verify conformance for in process and final product to inspection, dimensional and visual, by using various measuring tools/equipment such as micrometers, indicators, calipers, profilometer, Contracer and CMM.
- Provides training and guidance to machinists.
- Ability to read, write, and understand G&M-code programming.
- Capability of setting up complex CNC machines, and making modifications and/or recommendations to process engineering team.
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure quality of product and condition of equipment.
- Maintain specifications by taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Follow work instructions, setup sheets and other production related information.
- Properly document measurements and visual observations by completing production and quality logs.
- Use tool setter and tool dresser to set tooling geometry.
- Generate maintenance work orders for repair of CNC machines and equipment.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Silfex Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Effectively applies lean concepts and tools within the value stream.
- Confers with engineering, quality control, metrology and/or programming to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects the Mission and Core Values of SILFEX.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is part of everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our employees by modeling and following all company safety policies, reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to SILFEX management. Wear all PPE as required by work area or job function.
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S. Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S within work area. Maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any maintenance issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience operating a 5 axis CNC machine in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be fluent in G & M code.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be quality and safety minded.
- Must have basic understanding of computers.
- Must have strong math skills, particularly trigonometry
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate degree or diploma from a Technical School or Trade School.
- Trouble shooting G&M code.
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing.
- Experience machining Si, glass or other brittle material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Associated topics: automated, automatic, cad, cnc, cnc machine, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer numeric control, fabrication, smt machine
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!